What is your story about? According to Aristotle's Poetics, a plot is "the arrangement of incidents" that (ideally) each follow plausibly from the other. The plot is like the chalk outline that guides the painter's brush. An example of the type of plot which follows these sorts of lines is the linear plot of development to be discerned within the pages of a novel.
Plot is what the characters do. It's the main event of your chronicle. To create a plot think first in your Theme. Horror, Intrigue, Thriller, Romance, Adventure, the main story which will move the characters through the world of darkness, whether on a definite path or free reign. These are a few ideas to get you started and if you want to add yours plot feel free.
- Can a newly turned character reunite with old friends, family, or loved ones after changing? This kind of chronicle will set up the feeling of being forsaken. Great for backstory, may want to talk to your players before a main chronicle to see what happened after they turned, great insight.
- This kind of chronicle white wolf used to introduce new players to Requiem. One of the players characters wake up and can not remember what happend to him. Yesterday he was a human, now he is a vampire. Who did it to him? And what is the plan behind that?
- They don't have any rules. They are surrounding this city and start to cause problems. First they are attacking truckers in the highways that lead to us, breaking the masquerade. After cleaning any evidence now we have to figure out who is the unbound and make him go away or kill him.
- someone in the covenant is selling information. Someone wants to go out but just when he is sure that he will be safe in another covenant. Who wants to go out? Who is protecting him? And what information now is with players enemy?
Haunted House Edit
- A house down the street from the PC's home has always been avoided. Ever since that man killed his wife and kids. But now, strange sounds are echoing down the street at night, and children have started sleepwalking - trying to get into the house.
- Some simple starter plots to get your mind rolling...